I try to always keep in hand home-made bars for those times when I can eat a whole jar of peanut butter or a whole chocolate block in a few minutes. I use medjool dates to curb the sugar craving, fibre to keep me satiated and nut butters for a good dose of healthy fats - also keto friendly! Yay! 🙌
Add some super-foods like Life Elixir Wellness bee pollen and Marine Collagen, and you know you’re covered for those stressful times.
LIFE ELIXIR WELLNESS Bee pollen is considered to be a superfood, with all nine essential amino acids, and up to 200 known active substances present! Now that’s pretty impressive for one single food source, and a sure fire way to boost your energy levels and banish fatigue.
All of the seeds included in this recipe have significant health benefits. Sunflower seeds help to regulate mood, are antioxidant rich and promote healthy, glowing skin. They are rich in vitamin E, copper and manganese. these all support the bodies natural detox process.
Flax seeds are equally as impressive, as they are brilliant sources of omega-3 essential fatty acids (also in Life Elixir). They help with digestive health, have been shown to prevent cancer cells from growing, and once again help balance hormone levels. Winning!
2 cups old fashioned gluten free rolled oats
1 tbsp Life Elixir Certified Organic Bee Pollen, plus extra for garnishing
1 tsp turmeric powder
¼ cup coconut flakes
¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
¼ cup flax seeds
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
¾ cup natural peanut butter (no toxic trans fats)
1 cup dry medjool dates
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons Youth, Pro or Beauty Elixir Marine Collagen
Pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 175/347 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and add the oats, flax, sunflower seeds and turmeric, drizzle 1 tbsp coconut oil and mix to combine.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then remove and transfer into a large bowl.
- In the food processor add the rest of the coconut oil, medjool dates, peanut butter and salt, and mix to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Divide in half, then add one half to the oats bowl, together with the bee pollen and collagen, and mix to incorporate.
- Transfer the mixture into a square pan and use a spoon to spread it into an even layer.
- Add the cacao to the rest of the peanut butter mixture, process to incorporate, then transfer it on top of the granola mix and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle with pollen granules, and press easily to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight then cut into bars and serve, or keep into an airtight glass container for up to one week.
- ENJOY your guilt free treats!!!
Recipe by The Awesome Green