ALL I WANT FOR EASTER IS THICK, STRONG HAIR!
We generally lose about 50 - 100 hairs each day, however long-term stress, breastfeeding, harsh hair products and nutritional deficiencies can cause our hair to become thin and impossible to grow back. If you’re anything like me, aging may not be kind to your hair, or skin, but today we are focusing solely on hair!
Being Italian I always had long, thick dark hair growing up, it would grow out of control and like most things in our youth, we think it will last forever. In my late teens I began bleaching my hair to within an inch of it’s life, (think bleach blond crimped 80’s hair with black regrowth… no exaggeration needed). To make matters worse, my diet consisted of takeaway and cheap beer and wine on student nights, and it all eventually caught up with me.
Over the years, as a more responsible and much healthier adult, I tried every hair treatment and miracle hair growth cream known to woman, and eventually opted for extensions, which further destroyed my hair. It had become extremely weak, dry and thin. I found it incredibly frustrating because having had over 10 years experience in natural medicine, I prided myself on being able to correct most ailments, but no matter how healthy I would be, including taking hair supplements, my hair was still relatively dry, thin and weak. Some supplements that may help to an extent are:
Iron - When you don't have enough iron, your body can't produce the haemoglobin in your blood. Haemoglobin carries oxygen for the growth and repair of cells in your body, including the cells that stimulate hair growth. With treatment, you can help reverse both the iron deficiency and the hair loss.
Vitamin C - helps build collagen and fights free radicals, which is highly important for hair growth, but maintaining the strength of hair is just as crucial. It plays a necessary role in absorbing iron, which keeps our locks strong and healthy
Omega 3 oils -The fatty acids in omega 3 reduce inflammation and nourish hair follicles, encouraging hair growth and overall hair health. Nourishing omega 3 fatty acids also soothe and moisturize the scalp, and promote blood circulation, preventing dryness and dandruff.
B-vitamins - help create red blood cells, which carry oxygen and nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles. These processes are important for hair growth. Most important are:
1. B3 Niacin - helps to maintain the structure of the blood cells and improves blood circulation. Niacin brings more blood flow to the scalp, bringing more oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles. That’s why experts tout the benefits of niacin for hair growth.
2. B5 Pantothenic Acid - one study found that taking a supplement containing pantothenic acid could increase hair growth in women with a specific type of hair loss.
3. B7 Biotin - it's clear that biotin improves your body's keratin infrastructure. Biotin is found to be very helpful for hair disorders, used primarily for alopecia (hair loss) in men and women. Taking Biotin with other proven nutrients for healthy hair growth helps promote healthier looking and thicker hair in line with your natural hair growth cycle.
Silica - is one of the most vital properties of collagen, the chemical that's responsible for great hair, skin and nails. Silica helps regenerate hair, skin and nails and makes them quite strong.
While all of the above supplements helped to an extent, it was always limited….Until I found hydrolysed marine collagen peptides!
You may not know, but collagen plays a vital role in achieving that beautiful, luscious hair we all dream of. The best natural and safe way to rebuild and strengthen your hair is by working on your inner health, and a lot of the time healthy eating alone isn’t enough to regenerate and strengthen it. I began taking Ancient and Wild Organics Youth Elixir Marine Beauty Collagen in February 2018 and I'm happy to share with you that I have finally the solution we all have been searching for. I noticed changes after a few months, and now it has been 11 months my hair is finally growing faster, it is shinier and thicker. Now that is a fist pump moment!
SO, HOW DOES MARINE COLLAGEN IMPROVE HAIR HEALTH?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body, found in anything from skin, bones, ligaments, gut and joints and in your hair. It is a very fibrous protein and works like a glue within the body, keeping cells healthy. 90% of the collagen in our body is Type 1 collagen, and marine collagen is purely providing Type 1 collagen.
During our early 20’s we begin the aging process that most of us wish we could press pause on. As we produce less collagen each year we experience physical signs of aging, and this includes thinning and loss of hair. Even celebrities such as Jennifer Aniston, Kourtney Kardashian, Victoria Secret models and most of the Hollywood A-listers have been using this not-so-secret secret for a long time, keeping them red carpet ready and seemingly untouched by the aging process itself.
1. Antioxidant and degenerative properties -It has antioxidant properties that fights the production of free radicals within your body. These free radicals can cause damage to your hair follicles leading to hair loss. In 2016, scientists of the Tokyo Medical University revealed that one of the reasons we experience hair loss is because of the obstruction of cells in the follicles. The scientists also discovered that the hair follicles of women age 50 and older are smaller and thinner, adding to the appearance of less luscious hair. The good news is that other studies has shown that marine collagen works at regenerating your hair by repairing the hair follicles, stimulating production of new hair and prevent further damage.
2. Activates hair production - Strengthen hair from the roots. The primary protein in your hair is keratin, and hair follicles needs amino acids in order to produce keratin and support a healthy hair. Our Marine collagen has 8 out of 9 amino acids and are rich in minerals such as selenium, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
Just two tablespoons a day of Youth Elixir’s hydrolysed marine collagen peptides, will help to address nutrient deficiencies in these areas and support stronger, healthier hair strands to give you a head full of thick healthy hair.
TRY THIS HOME REMEDY FOR FASTER, THICKER HAIR GROWTH
Start with mixing an egg with a tablespoon each of olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Apply this mask on your scalp and hair for about 20 minutes, and rinse it off with a mild shampoo. This hair concoction is packed with protein, phospohorous, zinc, iron and other nutrients that will make your locks lustrous and healthy.
MORE HAIR GROWTH TIPS
- Remember that it can't grow overnight.
- Get a hair and saliva analysis asap to check your nutrient levels, this te4st is far more comprehensive and accurate than a blood test.
- Trim regularly, once a month.
- And don't shampoo every time you shower, only use sulphate and paraben free.
- Do a cold-water rinse at the end of each shower.
- Apply an organic oil or mask treatment twice a week.
- Get on the hair-boosting supplements asap!
- Brush your hair like it's spun from gold.
- Ditch your cotton pillowcase.
- Resist the urge to bleach. There are more gentle natural alternatives now.
- Massage your scalp everyday to increase blood flow.
- If you’re seriously concerned see a trichologist.
NEED A MORE INTENSE TRANSFORMATION & QUICKER RESULTS?
Discover why our 12 Week Transformation Challenges are on every woman’s Christmas wish list. Clinically proven wholefood supplements to offer real, long lasting, visible results. Don’t take our word for it, follow us on Facebook and Instagram and read reviews from Women's Health and Prevention Magazines, and our beautiful customers who are rediscovering their confidence, beauty and what real health feels like.